My name is Erin Roth and I work on the finance team at Nature’s Fynd – we’re an alternative protein company based out of Chicago that’s developed a novel fermentation technology to grow protein from a microbe originally discovered in Yellowstone. We opened our production facility earlier this year, which we announced when we closed our $80M Series B with Generation Investment Management, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, and several others.
I lead our economics work and am currently recruiting for an extern to join our team this fall/winter. Please reach out to email@example.com if you are interested!
Nature’s Fynd is a groundbreaking food tech company born out of NASA-supported research on extremophiles in the geothermal pools of Yellowstone National Park. Our novel fermentation technology produces a sustainable source of complete protein using only a fraction of the resources required by traditional agriculture. As the challenge to feed the world’s expanding population grows, our mission is to create amazing foods that both nourish people and nurture the planet.
What you will do:
- Conduct economic modeling to guide long-term commercialization strategies
- Collaborate across the organization, working closely with manufacturing and R&D to guide scale-up decisions
- Build relationships with critical third-party partners to support efforts
- Highly Analytical and Organized: you can quickly drive to insights, finding scrappy ways to solve complex problems, while maintaining attention to detail and organization
- Strategic Thinking and Intellectual Rigor: you can balance thorough analysis with high-level strategic thinking to focus on what matters most
- Comfort with Ambiguity: you are comfortable with taking nebulous concepts with limited direction and translating them into concrete insights and actions
- Kind, Optimistic, and Fun: you enjoy collaborating on challenging problems and investing in the success of those around you
- 1-3 years of experience in financial modeling & analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with biotechnology, manufacturing, or supply chain analytics a plus
Apply here https://jobs.lever.co/naturesfynd/948ebbc2-6878-4286-b625-233665769cb6