Software Engineering Intern (Unpaid)
About The Massapequa Tutor
The Massapequa Tutor (TMT) is a K-12 peer tutoring company founded in 2016 based on Long Island, New York. Our mission is to exceed parents’ expectations of a tutoring session through the use of young, personable, and engaging tutors who not only help their student perform academically but also act as peers to inspire their student to achieve greatness. Our core values include Commitment to the customer, Attention to detail, Convenience, and Passion. We specialized in one-on-one subject tutoring and SAT/ACT group classes, as well as hold group classes for major exams.
We’re currently undergoing a huge pivot to change the way peer tutoring occurs and our company operates, and we’re looking for engineering talent to help us craft an innovative solution. You will not only be building but helping shape our product strategy and contribute to our vision.
- Front-end development experience (any platform), full stack preferred
- Willing to work in an agile environment
- Be able to devote at least 10-15 hours per week on this role
- Be able to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Be a fervent learner; we do not expect you to know everything for this role, but we expect your to know what to do when you do not know something
- Be an immaculate communicator
- Be incredibly organized
- Passion about this position and our mission
- Be able to prioritize well
- Be able to take ownership over a problem
- Be customer obsessed
- Be radically transparent
- Be humble
There will be a first round interview with our CTO to assess technical skills and a second-round with our CEO to assess cultural fit. The deadline will be Friday June 12th. Apply here: https://forms.gle/R6seHX6fBeHLSGB18. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.