StudentSide is an edtech company working on an end-to-end platform to help high schoolers learn about their dream schools firsthand from college students who attend those schools. Our mission is to destress and demystify the college process so high schoolers can make the best quality college decision. Given how large of an investment a college degree is monetarily and in terms of one’s time, it is worth conducting the proper due diligence to ensure a school is the right fit.
We’re looking for a software engineering intern to help us automate workflows and develop our product. It can be on a part-time or full-time basis, but we are looking for a student to commit at least 10-12 hours a week. Given this opportunity is unpaid (we’re broke college students as well), we want to make this a learning opportunity for you to work on what you think you would benefit from most. If your work is of high quality and you are a fit within our culture, we can explore having you work with us on a more regular basis during the school year.
- Expected to work with Co-Founders on the robust development of an envisioned website
- Developing a front-facing database system to allow students to search for college mentors using filters (e.g. University, Year, Major, etc.)
- Developing back-end of allowing users to submit a form to register as a mentor, and taking the provided information and automatically entering it into the database (with Administrative approval).
- Allow users to create accounts with our site, registering either as students or as college mentors.
- Keep up-to-date with Agile softwares (e.g. Trello) for timely website development.
- Experience with front-end and/or back-end development.
- Capable of creating products that are user-friendly, effective, and appealing
- Able to design tests and protocols for prototyping and IT management
- Be self-driven and dedicated.
- Be able to devote at least 10-15 hours per week on this role.
- Be able to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Be communicative and cooperative.
- Be able to take full ownership of work.
- Be capable of working on a multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to do what it takes to get the job done, whether it involves getting your hands dirty (metaphorically) or losing some sleep.
Please apply using the following link:
If you have any further questions regarding this position or would like further details, reach out to us at the email@example.com.
Applications are due May 25. We look forward to reading your application!