StudentSide is an edtech company working on an end-to-end platform to help high schoolers learn about their dream schools firsthand from college students who attend those schools. Our mission is to destress and demystify the college process so high schoolers can make the best quality college decision. Given how large of an investment a college degree is monetarily and in terms of one’s time, it is worth conducting the proper due diligence to ensure a school is the right fit.
We’re looking for a finance intern to help us on projects regarding our business model and operations. It can be on a part-time or full-time basis, but we are looking for a student to commit at least 6-8 hours a week. Given this opportunity is unpaid (we’re broke college students as well), we want to make this a learning opportunity for you to work on what you think you would benefit from most. If your work is of high quality and you are a fit within our culture, we can explore having you work with us on a more regular basis during the school year.
- Conduct market research with the co-founders to help us understand areas such as the total addressable market (TAM), size of market, competitors, and exit opportunities
- Develop a dynamic model to understand the unit economics of different pricing strategies
- Create forecasted financial projections to quantify our short-term and long-term visions and the capital required to achieve those goals
- Assist in the creation of investor-facing materials
- Prior experience with Excel and Powerpoint, preferably in a business-setting (prior internship, stock pitches, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in valuation techniques, corporate finance, economics, and how startups operate (fundraising, agile working, etc.)
- Be a fervent learner; we don’t expect you to know everything, but we expect you to know what to do when you don’t know something
- Be self-driven and dedicated.
- Be able to devote at least 6-8 hours per week on this role.
- Be able to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Be communicative and cooperative.
- Be able to take full ownership of work.
- Be capable of working on a multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to do what it takes to get the job done, whether it involves getting your hands dirty (metaphorically) or losing some sleep.
Deadline to apply is May 25. Please apply using the following link:
If you have any further questions regarding this position or would like further details, reach out to us at the firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to reading your application!