Embarc is a running technology company with an all-Duke founding team. We analyze a runner’s indicated training preferences, goals, and upcoming races to provide them with automatically generated running routes in their surrounding area. This precise training helps runners reach peak potential on race day—whether that comes in the form of an actual race or the solo pursuit of a training goal—regardless of where they’re located. At Embarc, we believe that face time translates into better relationships, so while we’ll be remote all summer, we’ll likely have a few calls each week to talk progress, running, and whatever else comes to mind!
Embarc is looking for a Front-End Developer who can combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include revamping our minimum viable product’s (both iOS and Android) front-end to a more aesthetically pleasing format. You will work as the liaison between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and helping to decide how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Create UI/UX designs and ensure their technical feasibility.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to API.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of hybrid mobile frameworks (i.e. React-Native, NativeScript, Flutter).
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as
If you are interested in this role, please email Kevin Cergol Kevin.Cergol@duke.edu