End Hunger Durham is an education and advocacy organization grounded in alliances with front-line workers and those affected by hunger.
Most people experiencing hunger require help on many fronts before they can stabilize their lives. 17% of Durham’s population lives with food insecurity.
End Hunger Durham provides connections to navigators and assistance for enrollment in programs that can assist them with financial emergencies, housing, healthcare, food, and employment, and more.
We invite you to become a “community resource worker” who learns the array of resources available and how to help people take the next step in their journey to freedom from hunger. We have periodic trainings and engagements.
End Hunger Durham is also looking for volunteers…
with IT skills who can:
- edit our WordPress website
- post newsletters on a Mail Chimp platform
- manage occasional IT tasks such as Survey Monkey, Evite, etc.
- advise on Excel and Power Point
with social media experience who can:
- Post on our Facebook page and help build a presence (Will also need to be active with the work.)
- Develop a Twitter presence for EHD, especially around policy.
with experience in event planning who can
- help plan and set up forums, dinners and special occasions.
with computer design skills who can
- create attractive and colorful flyers, brochures, and more
and/or with fundraising experience.
We are accomplishing a great deal with a small paid staff and volunteer force, but like every enterprise, there are expenses.
- Help write grants, organize fundraisers, and engage donors.
EHD also supports the summer meals program of the Durham Public Schools.
For further details call Betsy Crites at
(919) 381-5969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org