Diveplane is looking for talented data scientists to transform a variety of client data sets into actionable, interpretable decision models. We are especially excited about candidates interested in interfacing directly with customers and contributing to Diveplane’s machine learning and artificial intelligence technology. If you are a multi-faceted Data Scientist this might be the perfect role for you!
- Help customers translate their data and problems in ways that our ML system can best solve them
- Create requirements and select algorithms for tools that customers can use themselves in conjunction with our ML system
- Characterize aspects of our ML system and recommend ways it can be improved
- Identify a new customer’s problems and data sets where we can deliver the most value
- Transform and process the data sets to maximize accuracy, performance, and ML transparency
- Communicate results to customers and make recommendations for future work
- Experience applying machine learning and advanced statistics techniques to solve problems
- Experience with all aspects of feature engineering, including interviewing subject matter experts, feature transformation, feature evaluation, and feature selection
- Good writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with a productive data science language such as Python, R, Scala, etc.
- Approachable, friendly demeanor
- Ability and willingness to accept criticism, give criticism, and justify reasoning on either end of an argument
We’re REALLY excited if you…
- Love to explain machine learning to non-experts
- Enjoy writing beautiful, reusable code
- Would be excited to visit and onboard clients
You might find yourself contributing to our platform if you…
- Read and prototype machine learning research for fun
- Have a breadth of knowledge in machine learning, mathematics, computer science, and statistics
- Read graduate level mathematics books by the pool
If you are interested in the position, please apply on the site here.