MiracleFeet plans to raise $15M in gifts and future pledges over the next 2 years, in order to grow its annual operating budget from $6M to $9M per year by 2023. To get there, we are pursuing significant growth in funding from major institutional donors, including corporate, foundation, and government entities. The Development Writer will be a critical contributor to this effort by researching grant opportunities, identifying synergies with global health funders, and writing compelling content for proposals, applications, and other fundraising initiatives.
This position will report to the Interim Director of Development and will provide high-level support writing persuasive and comprehensive materials that convey MiracleFeet’s program model and strategic plan. The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing, editing, and project management skills, with experience creating and adapting content to appeal to a variety of audiences. This position will also work closely with MiracleFeet’s Executive Director and a growing fundraising team.
This is a full-time, exempt position, based in MiracleFeet’s Chapel Hill, NC office.
• Research and identify prospective global health funders and institutional donors whose priorities and initiatives align with MiracleFeet’s mission
• Write clear and compelling content for proposals, grant applications, concept notes, and reports
• Serve as project manager for grant submissions by preparing proposal materials from team members, writing content, and tracking deadlines for applications and reports
• Maintain a reporting and renewal calendar to support the fundraising team’s workflow
• Collaborate with the Director of Programs and Program Managers to create comprehensive proposal strategies
• Work closely with the Interim Director of Development and other members of MiracleFeet’s leadership team to edit and revise proposals and reports to meet donor expectations
• Stay abreast of trends in philanthropy and global health, particularly when relevant to institutional funding
• Collaborate with team members to ensure timely and accurate completion of routine work such as gift acknowledgements, solicitation and cultivation mailings, event invitations, and database coding of gifts
• Work closely with program team to acquire knowledge needed to write accurate proposals and reports and build donor relationships effectively
• Perform other duties as assigned
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of writing experience, ideally in fundraising or marketing
• Experience in nonprofit fundraising
• Experience working in deadline-driven environments
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
• Strong editing and proof-reading skills
• Demonstrated project management experience planning, prioritizing, and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Must be flexible to shifting needs and priorities
• Strong contributor in team environments
• Highly organized with excellent time-management, prioritization, and investigative skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability, specifically in regard to managing deliverables and meeting deadlines
• An eye for creating efficiencies and keeping track of details
• Good listener with strong ability to internalize key messaging and language
• Experience using constituent relationship management software and database systems preferred
• Experience in the field of international development, global health or related issues preferred
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Health insurance provided
• Three weeks of vacation per year
• Optional dental and vision insurance
• 401K plan available; employer match offered
• Life insurance and disability insurance provided
Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume here.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until January 27, 2020 or until the position is filled.
MiracleFeet is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
For additional information, refer to our website here.