We are a weird company and you have to be a special kind of weird to enjoy working here. The owners of the firm and the majority of the employees have served in the military as Rangers, Green Berets, and Infantrymen. Others have served as federal agents. Others have spent years undercover fighting and taking down sex traffickers. Many of us enjoy MMA, Boxing, and Jiujitsu as hobbies. One of us fought in the UFC. This probably makes us sound pretty intense, but we defy those stereotypes because taking yourself that seriously is exhausting. Our work environment is incredibly informal,with the expectation that we play by “big boy/big girl rules” which simply means that if you say you’re going to do something, everyone here expects that you will do it.
For the right person this is a fun job. We are located in downtown Durham next to about a thousand restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. We work in shorts and t-shirts every day. We have great benefits to include top-tier health, dental, vision, and matching 401k. We also have a pretty nice coffee maker, so we have that going for us, which is nice.
A lot of companies have no idea how to run social so they try to hire someone right out of college for social media roles hoping they have a magic millennial formula for success. We are not that company. We have been involved in social since MySpace, and we continue to beat major companies on organic engagement and paid advertising by a wide margin. We will teach you how to excel in this area.
Feedback here is constant and direct. We all expect that of each other. If you do a great job, expect to be told that. If you mess up, expect to be told that. Neither of those things should be seen as a life-changing moment. What we did yesterday is not good enough for today, and without a feedback loop, none of us get better.
What we’re looking for is someone who has a sound analytic mind (especially parsing data and crunching numbers using excel to segment customers) who enjoys engaging with our significant social network of followers and scouting, acquiring, and managing relationships with influencers, including dealing with occasional bouts of influencer narcissism.
Your job will be as a member of the acquisition team and will consist of two key areas: Analyzing Customer Data and Potential Markets, and finding and managing social media influencers. While those will be your core tasks, at Ranger Up we have a policy that everyone pitches in whenever necessary, so no one including the CEO is too good for any task. As such, people that believe they are above any type of work tend to do poorly here. Conversely though, because we’re not big on ego trips, we all pull our own weight. There are no menial tasks given to new hires. We all make our own coffee, and we are all one team.
So here are the two core areas:
Social Media Marketing Analyst
- Analyze market opportunities and business drivers to optimize marketing strategy and campaign execution.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Including, but not limited to, developing an optimal posting schedule that considers web traffic levels and customer engagement.
- Moderate social media pages in line with the Ranger Up customer interaction policy.
- Develop, own and deliver the tactical marketing plan to deliver against your team’s strategic objectives using a data driven methodology.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
Social Media Influencer / Ambassador Engagement
- Target social media influencers based affinity to valuable Ranger Up consumer segments. Specify the requirements required to be a Ranger Up Ambassador.
- g. >10k Followers so sweep up function can be used, consistent with RU brand values, exists within current or target market segments.
- Walk every new ambassador through the RU ambassador on-boarding process.
- Track and manage a budget of assets used on a monthly basis.
- Payouts, Products given, ensure influencers receive products on time for major releases, etc..
- Work with design to create content consistent with brand guidelines for ambassadors to adhere to. Include posting cadence and expectations.
- Assist in the execution of Special Marketing Projects.
- Assist with outreach, partnerships, and events.
- Schedule and plan influencers posts across all our social media platform
- Check affinity and other key metrics as applicable.
- Work with fellow acquisition team members to weigh the appropriate time to drive traffic to opportunities as determined by sales goals.
- Analyze social media data and generate reports.
- Assist with refining an RU social media strategy through feedback loops, radical candor, data, and incremental refinement.
- Skill Requirements
- Know the brand voice and be able to use it effectively.
- Excellent writing, copy editing, presentation and communication skills.
- Sound understanding of Excel
- Demonstrable acumen in using social networking and comfortable with/learning social analytics tools.
- Adequate knowledge of online marketing philosophy and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, customer oriented with good multitasking, and good organizational skills.
Send a resume and a non-lame cover letter that honestly tells us why you want to work here to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “Social Media Analyst Job Application” if you’re looking for a full-time job or “Social Media Intern Application” if you want to “tern” it up for the Summer. <<< You’re not going to get acerbic wit like that just anywhere.