Eversend is a blockchain-based banking alternative focused on providing money transfers and other financial services for the African continent and beyond. We were selected as one of the top fintech startups in Africa by Ecobank, and have already transferred over $5.5 million through our platform. Our vision is to become the first and leading neo-bank in Africa.
We are looking for a motivated and inspired software developer to join our team in Berlin (or remote)! If you are considering a career at a startup, this is the place for you. We are looking for someone keen to learn, grow, and get hands-on experience with a fun and dynamic international team. You’ll join us in our beautiful office in Deustche Telekom’s tech incubator in the heart of Berlin. Unlimited coffee, tea, and good vibes.
About The Role
– Turn UI/UX wireframes into working user interfaces.
– Create components that can be reused and extended.
– Reach important milestones while writing clean code.
– Collaborate with Product, Design, Back End and QA colleagues to get it out to customers.
– Improve the security of the platform.
– Relevant experience in mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
– Experience building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
– A sense of test driven design and development (functional, integration, unit and smoke tests)
– Experience in working with large code bases, including API design techniques
– Experience with caching mechanisms and mobile application performance
– Experience working with APIs preferable
– Preferable if previous knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud functions
– Preferable experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment using Travis CI
Who We Are
Our core values are integrity (we do things that make the heart feel good), equality (your ideas matter to us), transparency (we are open), and kindness (we look out for each other).
Who You Are
We’re looking for a learner. Someone keen and willing to grow, explore, and expand as our company does.
Any experience in helping something grow (whether a project, a plant, a person) is a plus.
Potential travel (even to Africa!) to exciting events, conferences, or other forums.
Gain an understanding of the African market. One of the fastest growing in the world.
Fun. We’re more than just co-workers or colleagues – we’re teammates, friends, sidekicks, partners in crime. Work hard, play hard.
Flexible working hours