As an software engineering intern you’ll be in the middle of it all for 12 fun and exciting weeks.
Our interns work on real-world projects that will enhance your engineering skills, support your professional development and give you a taste of what it’s like to work on some of the hardest engineering problems.
We ingest many kinds of geospatial data and then we dice, slice, stretch, rotate, and combine them. We use deep learning to turn the pixels into numbers. We model, aggregate, transform the numbers into meaningful insights. This entire pipeline is formulated, created, monitored, and managed by our Engineering team. You will be a part of it!
This position will be based in our Palo Alto, CA office.
- Maintain and process large amounts of geospatial data; write code for automating complex geospatial requests
- Build and maintain production pipelines for ingesting images from satellite/UAV operators and processing them in the cloud at scale
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D program in Computer Science and graduating in 2020
- Firm understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong Python coding experience required
We are backed by marquee investors such as Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, In-Q-Tel, and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.