SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN (PART-TIME)
Our team at The Social Institute is on a mission to empower students, parents, and educators to navigate social media positively through a student-led, relevant, and gamified approach. Our trailblazing startup is changing the face of social media education through our work with independent and public schools nationwide. Join us on our mission to help students win the game of social media. Game on.
Location: WeWork Building in Durham, North Carolina
TSI Core Values:
Champion the mission | Students first | Demand excellence | Fast, focused, motivated Eager to learn and collaborate | Spontaneous and solution-oriented creativity | Find joy and have fun
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
● Support content development for our website, newsletter, and social media curriculum
● Assist our operations team with the creation of client on-boarding materials
● Contribute to TSI.com by additional editorial into our CMS
● Work directly with Social Media Coaches, researching social media updates and trends
● Help TSI empower mores students by identifying target school’s information
● These responsibilities may expand based on your unique strengths and interests
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
● Students applying for internship should be a sophomore, junior, or senior enrolled in a university/college
● Detail oriented
● Experience with WordPress or eagerness to learn
● Energetic and eager to tackle new projects
● Self-starter attitude that proactively proposes solutions and ideas
● Digital native with a mastery of social media: apps, settings, trends, etc.
● Excellent communication skills (email, phone, social media, in-person, etc.)
Unpaid – Part-time internship
Why Intern With The Social Institute
● Social Good: A job that doesn’t feel like a job. You’ll be changing students lives.
● Standard of Excellence: Relentless hustle. High standards. Accountability.
● Startup Life: Fast pace. Doing something never done before. YOU make an impact
Apply online by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Social Media Intern Application” . Indicate your preference for a Spring or Summer Internship in your cover letter.