The Feed Curator allows users to customize Event Calendar JSON and RSS feeds, DukeToday RSS feeds and others for ingesting to your website and sharing with others.
For Event Calendar this will allow multiple inputs, such as URLs for groups and URLs for event type to pull in more events that might be relevant and choosing which to display on your site.
The Feed Curator Home screen shows feeds previously created and shared with you.
Step 1: Select Feed type using the New button in the appropriate group.
- Go to the URL builder http://urlbuilder.calendar.duke.edu, chose JSON feed type, and in the Group selection choose one or more groups using OR filter and command (or CTRL) key.
Example: “Sanford School of Public Policy,” “Political Science” and “Economics”
Copy the generated URL string
- Go to feed curator site https://feedcurator.cloud.duke.edu/ (see image 1)
- Name your feed
- Select Calendar
- Item Limit = the maximum number of events to output
- Paste Event Calendar URL string and choose curated feed “Yes” (no events pre-selected)
- Repeat URL builder step to paste additional feeds, such as by Categories “Civic Engagement/Social Action” and “Entrepreneurship”
- Click Save
Step 2: Curate items and reset feed
- Click refresh feed
- Select or deselect items for your custom feed
- Click Save Selection Changes
- Copy Feed URL link and paste into your code
- If you select “curated feed,” you will need to visit Feed Curator regularly to include recently added events