Monday, March 4
Evan, Zanele, Dana, and Billy
Today’s guests: Adeline Koh shares her Trading Races, Amy Unell shows her Starting At the Finish Line: The Coach Buehler Story, and Ann Pendleton-Jullian talks about design thinking.
Adeline Koh’s Trading Races (Please read the first 5 tabs: Summary, About the Game, Historical Context, Gameplay, and Game Concept Map): http://tradingraces.adelinekoh.org/
Social Sciences Studies
- A Class Divided: PBS documentary: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/etc/view.html
- Are Emily and Brendan More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal?: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/capideas/spring03/racialbias.html
- Color Blindness and Interracial Interaction: http://web.mit.edu/epa1/www/CB_PsychSci_2006.pdf
- To Kill A Mockingbird
- Affirmative Action: http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/rethink-affirmative-action
- Equal Pay: http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/equal-pay-anti-feminist
READING RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONS:
Please select one reading from each of the three categories and:
- Write about your reaction to the material.
- Write a question that interests you that we can ask during our in-class interview.
Please keep in mind that Professor Ariely will be out of class, and we will be interviewing Adeline Koh. Learn about her via her website here: http://www.adelinekoh.org/