The recording of the April 21 Endpoint Management Meeting is now available (Duke NetID required):
Also available as video (MP4), audio (M4A), transcript (VTT), and chat (TXT) in the Endpoints Box Share.
Items of note:
Patching: Windows Patches out, no known issues or urgent concerns, apply according to the regular schedule (test within 1 week, deploy within 2).
Configuration Manager: Nothing to report.
- Software discussion:
- Microsoft Project and Visio
- Neither is part of Duke’s Microsoft 365 license. The apps shown at office.com can open documents, but not create (or edit?).
- Both can be purchased per device from the Duke Technology Center which holds its own volume license for the software.
- OITDE manages deployments and a collection for each package in Configuration Manager. Contact via ServiceNow to have a device added.
- For project management, there are other software and services already licensed by Duke: MeisterTask, MS Planner, Asana(?).
- Before suggesting other alternatives (ClickUp?), software has to be approved by both Duke ITSO and Procurement before being used to host Duke data.
- Any plans to include Microsoft Loop in Duke’s license? Will try to find out for next meeting.
- Microsoft Project and Visio
Jamf Pro updates:
- Need to renew the DEP tokens for each org – this is responsibility of each Jamf Site Admin. Help available from DE if they need it.
- Some old config profiles are causing a looping issue… Tim cleared a lot out of the database. If you see this, purge first and see if they come back, then let OITDE know.
- Month or two out… will be adding a couple of new tomcat nodes to increase performance
- We have error logs where computers are no longer in the console but are trying to check in. Tickets have been sent out…
- How to re-enroll if needed
- BigFix: Pushed release candidate last week. Mostly went smooth, just a few weird problems with machines that might have been off. Production updates pushed out.
- CrowdStrike: Certificate Rotation coming at end of July, looking for computers that are not updating.
- Perceptive Content: Al is working on a collection (package) for upgrading to new client.
- EOL machines: Important!!! Upgrade!!! Update on numbers next month…
- Zoom – May 17th10.1 – requirement current 5.10.3
- Packages in SCCM and BigFix have been updated. Software Center needs update or tweaking. Al will look into this.
- Some issues caused by Zoom’s decision to install 64-bit on 64-bit machines though 32-bit runs fine. OITDE worked with BigFix to correct issues with their Fixlets.
- Spring Cleaning – Expect more tickets!!
- Install Endpoint Management and Security software only on Duke-owned computers, OITDE and ITSO end up having to clean it up.
- The pruning of Jamf Pro Extension Attributes continues.
- Old legacy packages in ConfigMgr and Jamf Pro will be removed as part of general cleanup.Spring Cleaning – Expect more tickets!!
- Kelly Snyder added a blurb to DukeReg to discourage incorrect registration.
- Be aware: The Duke ITSO is starting to block ports.
- Discussion: New Apple Studio Display presentation, more info to come? Apple will demo displays and high-end Mac Studio units. Bring intensive/heavy workloads, see how it runs.