Students can apply to join 2018-2019 project teams through February 17th.
Bass Connections engages students and faculty from across the university to address compelling challenges. Students at all levels can participate at any time while at Duke. Faculty can get involved through their own teaching and research. And Duke alumni and friends can give to Bass Connections and take part in the Bass Challenge to increase the impact of their gifts.
Bass Connections team members are required to create a project team poster and participate at the EHDx Talks.
For updates, sign up for our mailing list.
For undergraduate students, benefits of participating in a Bass Connections project team include:
- Building research skills in a small group setting
- Applying coursework to a complex societal challenge
- Deepening grasp of an issue of interest
- Engaging with communities and organizations outside Duke
- Exploring career paths and adding heft to resume
- Enhancing honors thesis research
- Coauthoring publications
- Playing a key role in a project with faculty and graduate students
- Review FAQs and browse stories from students
- Apply for open project teams
- Take a course
- Develop an educational pathway
- Join the Student Advisory Council
- Review FAQs and browse faculty perspectives
- Teach a course
- Submit a proposal for a project team and review the Team Resource Center
Alumni and Friends
For more information visit the Bass Connections website.