Jamie Fox, MD and Megan Brooks, MD
- to construct a relevant clinical question regarding diagnosis for a specific problem.
- to critically assess an article dealing with questions of diagnosis
- to define sensitivity, specificity, and likelihood ratios and how to apply these concepts in clinical decision-making
Pre-work (complete before class)
- Read Chapter 16 of the Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature
- Read Chapter 18 of the Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature
- Read Sivitz AB, Cohen SG, Tejani C. Evaluation of acute appendicitis by pediatric emergency physician sonography. Ann Emerg Med. 2014 Oct;64(4):358-364.e4. PubMed PMID: 24882665.
- Download app that contains pre test probability and likelihood ratios. Recommendation: MedCalcX app for iOS
- Unfortunately, this is not available specifically for Android. If you have an Android, try QX Calculate