Welcome to the Duke Viral Vector Core
Vector Core Focus and Main Objectives:
Viral Vector Core at Duke University is a full service facility with extensive experience in the production of viral-based platforms for gene delivery including lentiviral vectors and adeno-associated vectors (AAV). The vector core provides comprehensive service to researchers interested in utilizing viral-based method of gene delivery. In addition to design, cloning and vector production, we provide our customers with resources critical for understanding of the biological aspects of the vector technology. Our vectors are suitable for both in-vitro and in-vivo studies. We provide a wide range of production quantities and viral purification grades which designed to comprehensively satisfy needs of our customers. In addition, our Viral Vector Core provides our customers with robust and comprehensive quality control including guarantee of purity and safety.
Viral Vector Core at Duke University offers Duke investigators with comprehensive access to state-of-the-art vector technology designed toward basic research- and preclinical applications. We utilize cutting-edge computer and bioinformatics resources to design, construct and generate our vectors. The vector core specializes and focuses on generating novel lentiviral and AAV tools for gene function studies, including advanced- RNAi and RGN (CRISPR/CAS). In addition, we have comprehensive collection of cutting edge optogenetic constructs in LV and AAV backbones.
Summary of Services:
- Design, construction and cloning of customized plasmids for viral vector production.
- Provision of vector-backbones for cloning of a gene-of-interest
- The following viral vector platforms are utilized and available from the Duke-VVC: Integrase-Competent Lentiviral Vectors (ICLVs), Integrase-Deficient Lentiviral Vectors (IDLVs), Retroviral Vectors and Adeno-Associated Vectors (AAVs)
- We offer comprehensive consultation on the design of viral vector tools, providing help with the selection of a project- related serotype (AAV)/ pseudo-typed ICLV or IDLV vectors, cell- and tissue-specific expression.
- Customized Viral Vector-production: Broad range of viral platforms for gene-function studies: RNAi- basic and hybrid (mi-shRNAs) in the AAV and LV- backbones, optogenetic tools and RGNs (CRISPR/Cas9).
- Production of the vectors and viruses at different grades/scales: for transduction into transformed or primary cell lines, for in-vitro pilot/screening, in-vivo pilot/in-vivo screening/functional studies,
- Provision of ready-to-go vector constructs and viral vectors; naïve-reporter vectors in LV- and AAV-backbones.
- Robust quality control including sequencing of provided or generated plasmids
- Robust safety control of HIV-1 based vectors to rule out RCRs
- A wide collection of AAV serotypes and LV-pseudotypes.