Registering to Vote
- If you live on East Campus, write 1 Duke University East Campus on Line 1 (Durham, NC 27708).
- If you live on West Campus, write 1 Duke University West Campus on Line 1 (Durham, NC 27708).
- If you live off campus (for example, at 300 Swift Avenue), write your street address.
If you wish to vote in Durham County and have moved since previously registering (for example, from East Campus to West Campus, Central Campus to West, West to East, on-campus to off, or off-campus to on), you will need to update your registration. You do not need to update your registration if you move dorms but stay on the same campus.
- If you live on East or West Campus, enter: [Your P.O. Box number] on Line 1, Duke University on Line 2, and Durham, NC 27708 on Line 3.
- If you live off campus, write your street address.
To register to vote in North Carolina, a prospective voter must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must live in the county of their registration, and have resided there for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election.
- Must be at least 18 years old. A prospective voter can submit a registration form if they are 16 or 17 years old, but may not vote until they are 18. If a voter will be 18 for the general election but 17 during the primary, they may vote in the primary.
- Must not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction (including probation or parole). If a prospective voter has previously been convicted of a felony, their citizenship rights are automatically restored but they must re-register to vote.
Voting options can be found on the North Carolina Board of Elections website.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 27255, Raleigh, NC 27611-7255
Physical Address: Third floor, 430 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27603-5918
Phone: 919-814-0700 or 866-522-4723
General Email: email@example.com