Click here to verify your registration.

How can I verify that I am registered to vote and that my voter record is correct?

To verify that you are registered to vote and that your voter record is correct, you can check your status on the Vote.org or your state’s Board of Elections website well in advance of your state’s voter registration deadline.

Many states allow you to view your ballot in advance of casting your vote. This provides an opportunity to research all of the candidates on your ballot so that you can make informed decisions.

How do I know if or where I am registered?

You can check your registration status online through Vote.org, or through your local election authority.

How do I register to vote or update my registration with my current address or preferred political party?

First, make sure there is still time to register or update your registration before your state’s deadline. Most states have voter registration deadlines between 7 and 30 days prior to each election (North Carolina is 25 days), though some states allow voters to register at the polls on Election Day. To view the registration deadlines for your state, see Registration Deadlines by State.

What if my election authority says I am not registered?

If you registered recently, it often takes several weeks for registration requests to be processed. If your record cannot be located, or you have concerns about your registration, contact your local election authority. If you run into a problem, don’t panic – you may still have time to register.

If you registered recently, it often takes several weeks for registration requests to be processed. If your record cannot be located, or you have concerns about your registration, contact your local election authority. For Durham, e-mail elections@dconc.gov or call 919-560-0700. For North Carolina, e-mail elections.sboe@ncsbe.gov or call 919-814-0700.