- Translational and Innovative Research Support Program (up to $25,000, direct costs only)
- Pilot and Feasibility Program (up to $35,000, direct costs only)
- Full Application Submission Deadline: June 22, 2015
- Final Selection: July 2015
- Funding Period: August 1, 2015 – July 31, 2016
Principal Investigators must be a faculty member at Duke University at the Assistant, Associate or Professor rank. Ranks less than assistant professors are eligible to serve as co-investigators.
The Duke Pinnell Center Review Committee will consider the following criteria when reviewing and scoring applications:
- Significance — the novelty, uniqueness and impact of the opportunity presented
- Approach — methods and analyses used are well-reasoned and suitable for specific aims
- Feasibility — project scope of work is appropriate for the timeframe and level of funding
- Translation — Translational potential presented by the proposed activity
DTRI utilizes the Foundant online application software to submit applications. To apply
- Visit http://bit.ly/myresearchproposal (link is external), click on “Create New User” (or log in if you already have an account). Proposals must be submitted under the Principal Investigator’s name.
- A step-by-step user’s guide for applying via the DTMI Foundant software is available. Please watch applicant tutorial (link is external)or review this document.
- Select the desired “2015-2016 Duke SDRC” funding opportunity and follow the instructions.
For additional information on this funding opportunity, contact the Duke Pinnell Center at DukeSDRC@dm.duke.edu (link sends e-mail).