Thank you for your interest in Partners For Success, a support office for the Program in Education.
Partners for Success (PFS) works with select service-learning education courses to support meaningful field experiences for education minors, teaching certification candidates, and any undergraduate who has an interest in service-learning, child development, and the field of education.
The goals of PFS are to:
- Connect Durham teachers and programs with a constant source of trained volunteer tutors.
- Provide opportunities for Duke undergraduates to participate in and observe school and community-based learning environments.
- Encourage Duke undergraduates to engage prek-12th grade students academically and socially through the cultivation of positive relationships.
- Facilitate Duke undergraduates’ development through critical reflection that connects field experiences with education coursework.
Currently, PFS is partnered with the following courses:
- Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education (EDUC 101)
- Educational Psychology (EDUC/PSYCH 240)
- Children, Schools and Society (EDUC 243)
- Educational Leadership (EDUC 363)
Duke Program in Education
Community Tutor Coordinator
email@example.com │ 919-660-3194
West Duke 09B