Duke PCM+: The PC(USA) and UCC Campus Ministry at Duke University is in transition. A search committee has been appointed to call a new Presbyterian Campus Minister to begin work in August 2017.
Search Committee Members
Dana Campbell, Chair
Rev. Sam Miglarese, Board Member
Sara Pottenger, Board Member
Natalie Knox, T’17
Jacqueline Emerson, T’16
Cole Williams, P’15
Rev. Dave Allen, Wesley Campus Minister
At this time, the search committee is no longer receiving applications. Thank you for your interest.
Candidates should have an M.Div. degree, strong interpersonal skills, an understanding of college students, and a passion for offering hospitality, worship, fellowship, and mission in a transitional environment. Primary responsibilities include:
- effective preaching;
- projecting the identity and character of PCM+ through worship leadership while articulating a clear and consistent theology;
- ministering to the spiritual well-being of Duke students and employees through pastoral care and support;
- nurturing and supporting young adults’ faith, questions, and calls to ministry;
- examining how faith is lived out in a college setting; empowering student leadership; and
- building participation numbers while remaining true to the mission of PCM+.
This vision is lived out through connections with students who are highly intelligent, motivated, conscientious, and who seek to connect with others on a spiritual level, as well as through active involvement in the Interfaith, LGBTQ+, social justice, Duke Divinity, and overarching Duke and Durham communities.
The Presbyterian Campus Ministries at Duke, Inc. is supported by an active and committed board composed of students, alumni, pastors, and laypeople; 10 local PCUSA churches; one local UCC congregation; New Hope Presbytery; and the Synod of the Mid-Atlantic. Our mission is to bear witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Reformed tradition of the PCUSA and UCC denominations.