Our Faculty and Staff Spotlights are without a doubt our most viewed stories. But 2015 was an exciting year for Duke GIM news as well! Here are the top 10 news stories — those most viewed this year by our GIM eNews readers:
10. Schulman Authorship in JAMA, NEJM and Gets Mention in NYT (December 2015)
Kevin A. Schulman, MD, MBA, professor of medicine, received national recognition for his recent work. Check out our first ever spotlight video and read the full story here.
8. Division Faculty Shine at HSR&D National Conference (July 2015)
Ten faculty members from the division of General Internal Medicine contributed to the 2015 HSR&D/QUERI National Conference. See who presented and read the full story here.
7. Research Awards – September 2015 (Story Published October 2015)
We announced 6 GIM faculty members, recipients of new research awards. See which faculty members we’re talking about and read the full story here.
6. GIM in Moshi, Tanzania (October 2015)
We learned about GIM in Moshi, Tanzania, at the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Center where Leah Zullig (GIM) and Yousuf Zafar (Oncology) were working with a pilot study sponsored by Duke Global Health/Duke Cancer Institute. See the full story here.
5. Wine & Cheese + Posters Event (September 2015)
19 posters displayed, lots of your colleagues present, and lots of chatter. Read all about it and see the photo gallery.
4. Hospital Medicine Corner (October 2015)
This post shared recent hospitalist news — announcing a new graduate of the Duke Master of Management in Clinical Informatics, 3 new members at Duke Regional Hospital, and participants in the Duke AHEAD program. See more here.
3. Tulsky to Lead Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care Department at Dana Farber Cancer Institute (April 2015)
James A. Tulsky, MD, Chief of Duke Palliative Care and Professor of Medicine and Nursing, accepted a position as Chair of the Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. See more about it here.
2. Holiday Celebration (December 2015)
Over 30 photos of this recent holiday gathering! See the full story and photo gallery from the event here.
1. Altmetrics – “Impact as a Donut” (November 2015)
The most viewed story in 2015! This post provides the essentials about “altmetrics,” those non-traditional metrics, such as news outlets, number of tweets, blog mentions, and google+. Full post here.
Did your favorite news story of 2015 make the list? What stories would you like to see covered in our eNews and blog? Comment or contact Clare Il’Giovine at clare.il’firstname.lastname@example.org.