Duke University Circle K, fondly abbreviated DUCK, is an organization committed to providing students with opportunities to serve in the Duke and Durham community.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Join as a member: GREAT news! You don’t have to pay any dues. Fill out the form for membership here.
- Join a committee: the list of committees is below. Apply for one here:
- Local Service Outreach.
- National Service Outreach.
- International Service Outreach: Committee Chair Position available.
- Social and Publicity.
- Duke University Health Services.
- Kiwanis Family.
- Get involved in service! See the list of service opportunities below. After you complete any form of service (DUCK or otherwise), please submit your hours here to count them towards your required 10 hour total.
Recurring Service Opportunities:
- Yoga and Exercise Classes for Seniors: ~1/week, preferably during the day on MWF
- Durham Crisis Center Response Team: Domestic & Sexual Violence, variety of opportunities, many involve training.
- Duke Hospital: many opportunities that vary in type and training.
- Families Moving Forward (register here, event listing here ), Study Buddies, Study Hall (Mon-Thurs, 4:30-5:30 PM), Youth Enrichment (Mon-Thurs, 6:30-7:30 PM).
Upcoming Service Opportunities:
- Kidney Walk: November 12th, Durham Bulls Athletic Park, 1 PM.
- Friendsgiving: November 11th, details to be determined. We will most likely be working with the local Kiwanis Club to also collect donations!