Executive Board

Co-President: Cody David

4th Year Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of Religious Studies, Duke Divinity School

Cody specializes in the linguistic analysis of Semitic-Language texts, particularly the Hebrew Bible and texts written in Modern Standard Arabic. His dissertation focuses on ancient Middle Eastern economic systems and the connections between those systems and patterns of economic metaphors in the book of Isaiah. In his free time, Cody enjoys watching Football, learning languages, working out, and playing the Ukulele. LinkedIn

Co-President: Rickard Stureborg (Rich)

2nd-year Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science

Rich joined Duke in August of 2020. His research is focused on natural language processing and methods for understanding online misinformation. Rich is an avid traveler, having grown up in Stockholm and lived in Seattle, Jakarta, and Boston before moving to Durham. He spends most of his free time playing chess, learning new skills, or planning future trips abroad.

Personal website: www.rickard.stureborg.com

Professional Development Chair: Minjun Chang

4th year in Decision Sciences at Fuqua School of Business

Hello everyone! My name is Minjun. I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Duke Fuqua School of Business focusing on decision sciences. My previous experiences include research on information design and resource allocation, teaching decision modeling courses, and tutoring college-level math and writing. I enjoy team working and solving impactful real-world problems. In my free time, I love watching anime, playing cards, and skiing.

LinkedIn

Pro Bono Projects Director: Trevor Ross

2nd-year MS Candidate in Quantitative Management & Business Analytics

Trevor is currently serving as an Analytics (AI & Strategy) Advisor for private equity and venture capital clients. He has extensive expertise in algorithmic decision modeling, digital value creation, and data monetization. His work involves providing strategic insights during due diligence, identifying investment opportunities, and guiding post-close execution and integrations during M&A transactions. Previously, he led the data science and solution design efforts for a commercial startup in the lending industry, developing proprietary fraud detection and credit underwriting models while guiding the overall strategic growth of the company. Trevor loves sports and spending time with his dog, Boomer.

LinkedIn

Case Competition Co-Chair: Tong Chen

4th-year Ph.D. candidate in Molecular Genetics and Microbology

Tong’s research focuses on genome engineering in the liver using novel humanized murine models and developing novel treatments for a chronic HBV infection. In her free time, Tong enjoys photography, baking and maintaining a personal food blog.

LinkedIn

Case Competition Co-Chair: Yunqi (Lily) Yang

4th year Ph.D. candidate in Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science

I am from China and graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University with a Chemistry background. I am now interested in bio-material related research. After graduation, I will be working in management consulting. Apart from research and work, I love baking and traveling.

Linkedin

Co-Chair of Professional Training: David J. Leonhardt

PhD Candidate in the Department of Religious Studies

David specializes in historical and literary understanding of Greek and Hebrew texts. His dissertation focuses on the understanding of ethnic and religious divisions in 1st century Jewish and Christian cultures, examining social and economic ramifications. In his free time, David likes to work with 3D modeling/printing and watching Baseball. LinkedIn

Treasurer: Yungeun Kwon

5th-year Ph.D. candidate in Chemistry

Yungeun joined Duke in August of 2017. During her PhD work, she has developed new organic reaction methods to solve critical technical and intellectual challenges that previously limited the design and synthesis of complex drug molecules. In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with her friends, playing golf and doing yoga.

LinkedIn

Communication Chair: Bhavika Penchala

1st Year, Master of Engineering Management

I’m a product enthusiast, a twitter geek and a good listener. I moved to the US last year for my masters primarily to learn, grow and broaden my horizon by working with diverse teams. Here at Duke, I had the opportunity to work on a couple of consultative projects ranging from Product Management to Design thinking, which has particularly elevated my ability to empathize with others, truly drive a vision and work with cross-functional stakeholders from different industries to create great experiences & strategic workflows. At APDCC, I learnt more to work with real-time projects and manage our heavy coursework.
Hit me up to discuss about the most recent book you read or if you wanna listen to some underrated amazing tunes or just to discuss how everything is a conspiracy.

LinkedIn