Home » Get to Know your Colleagues » Get to Know Yoon Kim! [January 2023]

Get to Know Yoon Kim! [January 2023]

Title: Senior Library Exhibition Technician

Library/Department: David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library / Exhibition Services

Location: West Campus

Years at Duke: 5.5 years

In a nutshell, what do you do at Duke University Libraries?

I work with Meg Brown to support curators (faculty members, librarians, students, members from Durham communities) from a wide variety of disciplines on campus through the libraries’ exhibition program. I support them in creating an exhibit from the beginning to the end including tracking all of the exhibit materials, creating cradles and mounts, and installing an exhibit that looks beautiful.

If you had to pick one thing, what’s the best part of your job so far?

I enjoy seeing various audiences enjoy the exhibits that we create. It is very rewarding for me to see how audiences are enjoying the exhibits and engaged viewers make the curators happy. Also, I get to see and handle interesting exhibit materials and always I learn something new from every exhibit.

What the best thing you’ve read/watched/listened to recently?

I recently watched a movie called Decision to Leave by Park Chan-Wook. I always love the cinematography of this director.

What do you like most about living in The Triangle?

I definitely like the size of the area – not too crowded but not too small either. I’ve lived in various places from big cities to small college towns. Of all the places that I’ve been to, I like the Triangle so far.

I love Chicken Bee at 9th street. If you would like to try Korean Fried Chicken, you should try there.

What do you like to do outside of work?

I enjoy trying new Asian restaurants, knitting (recently) and watching Korean dramas on Netflix.