This site compiles information about Duke’s teaching development resources and services, which are provided by a variety of units across campus. Together, our units provide Duke instructors with help for:
- design and development for online, hybrid and face-to-face courses;
- implementing active learning and high-impact pedagogies such as Service-Learning;
- applying inclusive and equitable practices in the classroom;
- designing authentic assessments in any discipline;
- effectively designing writing or new media assignments;
- creatively and smoothly using instructional technologies;
- and more.
The services provided by the units represented here are available to tenured, tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty, adjunct faculty and Graduate Student Instructors and TAs (any restrictions will be noted where a service is listed). Services range from online and in-person workshops, Faculty Learning Communities, teaching observations and feedback sessions, one-on-one consultation, drop-in advising and quick training, and many other formats. Instructors at Duke can find a program topic or format to get the teaching help they need.
If you have questions about anything on this site, or can’t find an answer to a teaching question you have in mind, please contact email@example.com.