Home » Student Blogs

Student Blogs

Fit Nerd Physios

Hey everyone I’m Aimee! I’m a physical therapy student at East Tennessee State University. I completed my undergraduate coursework in Rehabilitation Science at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC). I’m in love with the fitness world as I’ve been playing sports since I was about 7 years old. Attending physical therapy school has increased my love for fitness (especially strength and conditioning), but has also molded me into an avid reader! This is what I like to call being a ‘Fit Nerd’. My hope is that this blog inspires you to move well, get strong, and learn something new everyday! #neverstoplearning

Hey Everyone! I’m Kate, currently a first year DPT student at Duke University. I got my B.S in Biology at the College of William and Mary, and I also have a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from University of Virginia. And for a few years in between, I interned and worked in endurance sports coaching with Carmichael Training Systems in Colorado Springs, CO. Endurance sports – running and cycling – are my first love, and like many others, I was introduced to physical therapy through a series of bad injuries while training for a marathon. My experiences as an athlete, a coach, and an exercise physiologist color my approach to physical therapy, and I hope to use this blog to start putting it all together!  Never stop moving, never stop learning.