In the academic year 2014-15 Duke students have published book reviews in the collection of the Asia-Pacific Research and Training network of Trade (ARTNeT) and United Nations, Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (http://artnet.unescap.org/publications.html#fourth). Their reviews have benefited from the wise editing and rapid posting of Dr. Mia Mikic, ARTNeT Coordinator, and her team:
- Dohun Kim. Prevention and Crisis Management: Lessons for Asia from the 2008 Crisis, by Steven Rosefielde, Masaaki Kuboniwa, and Satoshi Mizobata. World Scientific. 2013.
- Michelle Laniohan. The Son Also Rises: Surnames and the History of Social Mobility, by Gregory Clark. Princeton University Press. 2014.
- Clement Lee. What Have We Learned: Macroeconomic Policy After the Crisis, edited by George A. Akerlof, Oliver J. Blanchard, David Romer, and Joseph E. Stiglitz. MIT Press. 2014.
- Rita Lo. The Role of Elites in Economic Development, edited by Alice H. Amsden, Alisa DiCaprio, and James A. Robinson. Oxford University Press. 2012.
- Saad Usmani and Mahmehr Hamza. GDP: A Brief but Affectionate History, by Diane Coyle. Princeton University Press. 2014.
- Yifan (Victor) Ye. The Great Rebalancing: Trade, Conflict and the Perilous Road Ahead for the World Economy, by Michael Pettis. Princeton University Press. 2013.
- May (Zhimeng) Li reviewed Asian Economic Systems, by Steven Rosefielde, World Scientific. 2013, in the Southeast Asian Journal of Economics, December 1014. http://www.econ.chula.ac.th/public/publication/journal/2014/May%20Li.PDF
- Nikolaus Axmann published a revision of his Duke honors thesis: “What is the Effect of Regulatory Supervision on the Profitability and Outreach of Microfinance Institutions?” in the Southeast Asian Journal of Economics, June 2015. http://www.econ.chula.ac.th/research/ccje/browse?year=2015.
Charles Becker & Ed Tower, Faculty Advisors to the Journal
Dongkeun Lee, Associate Editor
An Economic Analysis of Marijuana Legalization in Florida by Taliya I. Golzar
Understanding Shifts in Population Health-Seeking Behavior Created by Financial Incentive Reform Initiatives: The Impact of India’s Janani Suraksha Yojana Conditional Cash Transfer Program by Ritika Jain
Dealing with Data: An Empirical Analysis of Bayesian Extensions to the Black-Litterman Model by Daniel Eller Roeder
Multiples Valuation and Abnormal Returns by Joon Sang Yoon