Installing Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client on OS X.
1. Download the Cisco Anyconnect VPN software from OIT’s site license software page. Open a web browser and navigate to http://software.duke.edu Click on the link “Search for Software.”
2. You will be redirected to the login page where you will be asked to login using your NetID.
3. After a successful login, you will be redirected to the software search page.
4. Type ““VPN Client” in the search box and click on the magnifying glass.
5. Click on the link for the VPN client in the results page.
6. Click the “Add to Cart” button for the Mac client.
7. Click the “Checkout” button on the left side of the screen.
8. Enter in your billing information — the software is free — and select “University” for the “Area at Duke” section. Then click “Continue to next step”.
9. Make sure the information is correct and click “Continue to next step”.
10. At the “Checkout complete” page, click on the link to “view your orders”.
11. Locate the appropriate order and click the “Download/License Information” button.
12. Download the software.
13. Locate the downloaded installer file.
14. On a Mac this should be a .dmg file which will open up as another disc drive and open a Finder window with the AnyCcnnect.pkg file. Double click the anyconnect.pkg file to launch the installer.
15. Follow the install prompts. At the “Installation Type” screen, uncheck the options to install “Web Security” and “Diagnostics and Reporting Tool”.
16. When the installation completes, look under applications and you will find the “Cisco” folder, in that folder will be the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” app. Click on the app to launch it.
19. Enter your NetID and NetID password and click the OK button.
21. After the first successful login to the VPN, your settings will be remembered. In the future you will only need to be connected to the Internet, then open the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client application and login using your NetID to establish the secure connection to our network.