The Duke Online Learning Collaborative (formerly the Distance Education Special Interest Group) is open to all in the Duke community with an interest in online teaching and learning. We focus on program administration, pedagogy, instructional design, and learning technologies. Participants include online program administrators, faculty, instructional designers, educational technologists and IT leaders. Participants come from all units at Duke.
- Build a community of online education practitioners
- Enhance online program and courses, technologies, and instructional design
- Professional development opportunities and guest speakers
- Develop and curate online design resources
- Share lessons learned and best practices with the Duke community
No formal membership is required and meetings are open to anyone at Duke with an interest in online education.