Description: Moderated listening session with Black and Brown led local environmental organizations delving into their needs, barriers, and opportunities for support and partnership.
Overview. The DEEP/DEC workshop series on Race, Power, and Partnership. supported by Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke, Burt’s Bees, and the Triangle Community Foundation met for it’s first session of the Fall workshop series on September 20, 2022 at the Forest History Socity.
- Approximately how long has your organization or group been active? (In months or years).
- In retrospect, describe the audience/demographic/communities your organization has been the most connected to. (1-4 Sentences).
- Describe what historic internal challenges your organization has encountered with implementing or embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive strategies. (1-3 sentences).
- Name current external challenges or barriers your organization has with connecting to BIPOC communities. (1-3 sentences).
- Has your organization developed any sort of action plan to address organizational alignment and racial inclusivity in the future? (1-3 Sentences) .
Pre-Work Reading: White Supremacy Culture by Tema Okun.