Dermatology Interest Group
The mission of DIG is to provide Duke medical students with 1. exposure to the field of Dermatology through hands-on experiences, peer-directed learning, and didactic sessions with faculty as well as 2. opportunities for career advancement through mentorship by peers and faculty members.
Planned events for the 2018 fall semester include:
- Basics of Dermatology introduction by Dr. Erin Lesesky—information session discussing research interests of faculty members to give students ideas for third-year opportunities.
- Research in Dermatology information session led by Dr. Russell Hall—detailed overview of research projects and opportunities in the Duke dermatology department.
- Faculty mixed with the Dermatology Department – students will have the opportunity to network with residents and faculty members from the Duke Dermatology department, tentatively scheduled for November.
- Suture workshop co-sponsored event with Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Interest Group.
- Spot-A-Spot: DIG volunteers at local elementary schools to teach kids the importance of sun protection and spotting skin cancer via hands-on activities and teaching. We are planning on holding monthly sessions at various local schools starting in October.