Durham’s Universal Pre-K está aceptando solicitudes en línea para el año escolar 2020-21!
We are very excited to share next week’s Remote Learning for NC Educators professional learning offerings from the Friday Institute, in partnership with NC DPI.
Sessions change each week and are offered at multiple times. Educators can go to our Remote Learning Support for NC Educators page to see sessions and to locate recordings and additional resources and materials. Participants are able to request a certificate of participation at the end of each completed session.
We encourage our educators to take advantage of this amazing opportunity for support!
EPA Activities Adaptable to Remote Learning
- EnviroAtlas teaches kids how ecosystems keep us healthy. For older students, we recommend introducing them to the Eco-Health Relationship Browser.
- Create an Air Quality Awareness Week Poster through May 4, 2020. Theme: Why I Care About Clean Air.
- Learn how to build your own particle sensor.
- Why is Coco Orange teaches young children about air quality and asthma.
- AirNow has numerous lessons on learning about and measuring air quality.
For those of you who work with high school students, the 2020 Environmental Science Summer Institute, originally scheduled for June, is postponed until August. The EPA will share updated information next month.
The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging society on every front – social, political, and economic. Disadvantaged youth populations face significant challenges as their already precarious access to resources and supports dwindles and/or vanishes.
This information hub provides weekly updates by youth population (as well as supports for parents) to facilitate collating relevant resources. We recognize that many young people fall into multiple categories. We will share the challenges being experienced, as well as resources provided by a wide variety of organizations.
In addition to these COVID-19 resources, check out our blog post:
Week 1: Justice-Involved Youth
Week 2: English Language Learners (ELL)
A wonderful resource for educators or anyone striving for balance during the pandemic.
Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t miss out on DCI’s new online programs! We will be leading fun family activities and learning together about health, science, technology, art, and more — all from the safety of our own homes. We will be releasing new videos every Tuesday and Saturday. Check out our first videos on YouTube now!
Make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don’t miss out on new virtual INN programs! We will run fun family activities and learn together about health, science, technology, art and more — all from the safety of our own homes. We’ll be releasing new videos every Tuesday and Saturday. See our first videos available on YouTube now!
#DCI #STEAM #YLC
“Mondays with Michelle Obama” (#PBSKIDSRead, #ReadTogetherBeTogether) will be livestreamed simultaneously on PBS KIDS’ Facebook page and YouTube channel, and on Penguin Random House’s Facebook page, and will remain available for viewing on demand on all of those platforms immediately thereafter.
- April 27, 12 noon ET: THERE’S A DRAGON IN YOUR BOOK, Written by Tom Fletcher and illustrated by Greg Abbott
- May 4, 12 noon ET: MISS MAPLE’S SEEDS, Story and pictures by Eliza Wheeler
- May 11, 12 noon ET: THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR, By Eric Carle