REFLECT Forms: For each assignment, please fill out the associated REFLECT form linked below.
A Note on Weekends: Our autograder skips weekends for penalty periods. This offers extra flexibility for assignment deadlines. Check the table below for specific dates, keeping in mind weekends don’t add to penalty countdowns.
Notice On Blockly: Due to the drop/add period, Assignment 1 can be submitted by Sunday, 9/17, at 11:59 pm ET without penalty.
|Assignment||REFLECT||Assignment Quiz||Release Date||Due Date||Grace Period||10% Penalty Period||30% Penalty Period||Assignment Quiz Due|
|Assignment 1: Blockly||Inside Assignment||No Reading Quiz||08/29||09/07||09/15||09/18-09/19||09/20-09/21||None|
|Assignment 2: Faces||Reflect Form||Reading Quiz: Faces||09/14||09/28||09/29||10/02-10/03||10/04-10/05||09/26|
|Assignment 3: Turtles||Reflect Form||Reading Quiz: Turtles||09/28||10/12||10/13||10/16-10/17||10/18-10/19||10/10|
|Assignment 4: Transform||Reflect Form||Reading Quiz: Transform||10/12||10/26||10/27||10/30-10/31||11/01-11/02||10/24|
|Assignment 5: GuessWord||Reflect Form||Reading Quiz: GuessWord||10/26||11/09||11/10||11/13-11/14||11/15-11/16||11/07|
|Assignment 6: Clever GuessWord||Reflect Form||Reading Quiz: Clever GuessWord||11/09||11/28||11/29||11/30-12/3||12/4-12/5||11/28|
|Assignment 7: Recommender||Reflect Form||Reading Quiz: Recommender||11/28||12/07||12/08||N/A||N/A||12/05|
|Assignment 8: Create||Reflect Form||No Reading Quiz||11/28||12/07||12/08||N/A||N/A||None|
- All assignments are due by 11:59 pm ET on the specified due date.
- Submission instructions will be provided with each assignment.
- Submissions after the due date are subject to penalties, as outlined in the course syllabus.
- If unforeseen circumstances hinder your course progress, please fill out the extension request form.
- Some assignments come with initial code. This could be:
- Pre-completed files you’ll use without altering.
- Files with functions done or partially done for you to complete.
- Comments will guide you on which code sections to adjust and which to retain as-is.
- A portion of your grade depends on your program’s readability, including style, comments, and variable names.
- Each modified Python file should have a comment at the top, detailing your name and netID.
- Additionally, provide comments for each function and significant code segment.
- Use descriptive variable names: for example, “totalCost” over “x”.
- If you believe there’s an error in grading (be it a lab, apt, or assignment), submit the regrade request form within one week of the grade being posted.