You will submit your non-Gradiance work (for a homework or project milestone) on Sakai. Follow the Sakai link on the navigation bar and find the appropriate assignment to submit to. Note that:
- Please follow the specific submission instructions for each assignment carefully. Typically you will be asked to submit multiple files (one or two for each part of the assignment). Submit them as different attachments; do not put them into a single archive file (like ZIP) unless instructed otherwise.
- For each assignment, you can submit multiple times. Only your last submission will be graded. Each time you submit, please submit all files (including files that have not changed between submissions).
- You will need to submit your files through a web browser. Your submission method will depend on your VM setup; see below for details.
Local VirtualBox VM with VM/Host File Sharing
If you use a local VirtualBox VM and have set up file sharing between the VM and your laptop (see instructions on “File Access” at Help/Creating and Running VM Using VirtualBox/Vagrant), a browser running your laptop should see files in the shared directory. Therefore, just prepare your submission files in the shared directory and use your laptop’s browser to submit. There is no need to set up GUI access to your VM.
Remote Google VM
You need to make sure that files you want to submit actually reside on the machine that is running your browser. You have two options here.
- If you have set up GUI access to your Google VM (see instructions on “Setting up GUI Access to VM” at Help/Creating and Running VM on Google Cloud), then start a GUI session on your VM and use its default browser—it will be able to see and submit files on your VM.
- If you do not have GUI access to your Google VM, you need to manually transfer the files from your VM to your laptop, where you can then submit them. For instructions on transferring files between your VM and laptop, see instructions on “File Access” at Help/Creating and Running VM on Google Cloud.