CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
BUSSE RESEARCH AWARDS
June 12-16, 2022 – Virtual
In order to promote international research in gerontology the Busse Research Awards will again be given at the 22nd World Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics to be held virtually from June 12-16, 2022 . In recognition of significant contributions to aging research one award will recognize a scientist from the social/behavioral sciences; the other, a scientist from the biomedical sciences. These awards are supported from an endowment made by Gerontology International in honor of Ewald W. Busse, MD, past president of the International Association of Gerontology and founding director of the Duke University Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, and administered by the Duke Center. Awardees are selected by a jury of scientists chaired by Center Director Emeritus, Harvey Jay Cohen, MD.
The purpose of these awards is to recognize the achievements of late junior to mid-career scientists and to encourage their continued contributions to aging research. Awardees will receive certificates and an award of $10,000 (appropriate taxes will be deducted). Awardees must be present at the virtual Congress to receive their awards and present a lecture based on their research.
Instructions for Nominations
Candidates for these awards must be nominated (self nominations are not accepted) and two seconders are recommended. Nominations must be written in English and completed in accordance with the following instructions. Please submit nomination form and supporting information by uploading to our secure online portal at this link.
- COMPLETE NOMINATION FORM (may be reproduced); Click here to download Announcement and instructions for Busse Award
- A STATEMENT OF NOT MORE THAN 1,000 WORDS THAT SUMMARIZES THE CANDIDATE’S RESEARCH CONTRIBUTIONS AND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THOSE CONTRIBUTIONS
- CANDIDATE’S CURRICULUM VITAE
- LETTERS FROM UP TO TWO SECONDERS
- REPRINTS OF 3-5 IMPORTANT SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS BY THE CANDIDATE
Processing dates of the nominations and selection of awardees follow:
- March 15, 2022: Deadline for receipt of nominations
- May 2, 2022: Notification of Awardees
- June 12, 2022: 2022 IAGG Congress – Presentation of Awards
- We will present these awards in June 2022 in conjunction with the IAGG Congress virtual conference
For further information contact:
Harvey Jay Cohen, M.D., Jury Chair – Busse Research Awards
Michelle Cooley, Administrative Coordinator
TEL: +1 919-660-7551