CASE i3 operates programs for corporate and executive partners on a broad variety of topics related to impact investing, philanthropy, leadership in the social sector, social entrepreneurship, and using finance as a tool for change.
We have two models for executive education:
1) Custom programs are designed by us with corporate, philanthropic, government or nonprofit partners to cover the topics, skills, and experiences that would be the most effective for your group. These can be done anywhere around the world, or your group can come to our campus in Durham, NC to enjoy a “retreat”-like setting to explore and learn. They can be any length and level, (ranging, for example, from a 3 hour workshop in NY we bring to you, to a 8-day multi-city tour of top firms). Costs vary with the design of the programs and again we can customize offerings to fit your needs. If you are interested in working to co-design a custom program for you and your team, please contact us.
2) Open enrollment programs We are currently developing open enrollment programs, as short courses offered at a specific time and place open to anyone who wishes to enroll. These also could be offered as part of your larger event or conference, or in Durham, NC. If you are interested in adding an open enrollment program to your next event, or adding your name to our newsletter list for announcements about future programs, please contact us.
World Class Instructors and Program Design
All of our programs are led by Duke faculty and we engage with other field-leading experts to create world-class learning experiences for all participants. Some examples of the content areas we can cover include:
- How to get and use impact capital (for entrepreneurs)
- How to design an investment portfolio for maximum impact (for wealth managers and financial advisors)
- How to turn your investment and philanthropy into a total portfolio strategy (for philanthropists and families)
- Developing high-impact philanthropic investment strategies (for high net worth individuals and families)
- Mastering the toolkit for impact investing (for impact investing practitioners)
- Assessing Impact (for entrepreneurs, fund managers or impact portfolio managers)
- How to invest in social enterprises for maximum impact (for individual or fund mangers wanting to master direct investing)
Recent Program Example:
Developing Philanthropy in China, June 2015
CASE i3 recently partnered with Duke Corporate Education (ranked #1 in corporate education programs in the world) and Duke Kunshan University (DKU) in China to design and teach a program tour on philanthropy and impact investing for a group of ultra high net worth Chinese entrepreneurs and their families. The 7-day tour included time in Durham, NC, New York, NY, and Seattle, WA, and combined workshops and lectures from leading Duke faculty (Cathy Clark on impact investing and social entrepreneurship, Joel Fleishman on philanthropy, Ronnie Chatterji on economic policy at the White House), with presentations and discussions with leading philanthropists and business for social impact experts, including Giving Pledge member David Rubenstein, Co-Founder of Carlyle Group, Stephen Heintz and Valerie Rockefeller Wayne, President and Chair of Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and Susan Desmond-Hellmann, CEO of the Gates Foundation.
In the simultaneously-translated sessions throughout the week, participants focused on lessons learned from US philanthropists, corporates, and investors in order to enhance their own impact strategies in the rapidly developing ecosystem of social innovation in China. According to participants, which included successful Chinese entrepreneurs working in mobile technology and education, they learned more by day 3 than they had expected from the whole program!
If you are interested in working to co-design a custom program for you, your team or your network, or want to join our mailing list for future updates, please contact us.