CASE i3 is part of The Social Entrepreneurship Accelerator at Duke (SEAD) which, in partnership with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), aims to provide social entrepreneurs in global health with the knowledge, systems and networks needed to succeed.
SEAD brings together interdisciplinary partners through a coordinated effort across Duke University and leverages institutional relationships and networks to create an integrated global health social entrepreneurship hub for diverse stakeholders across the globe. SEAD, in partnership with USAID and the USAID Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN), is mobilizing a community of practitioners, investors, policymakers, faculty, staff, and students to identify, assess, help develop, build capacity of, and scale solutions, technologies, and business models for global healthcare delivery and preventive services. Through this program, SEAD will capture lessons learned and policy implications to ensure that our work impacts both entrepreneurs on the ground and the broader development community.
CASE i3 is coordinating the process of helping SEAD entrepreneurs get ready for and access appropriate sources of capital. We also oversee the partnership between SEAD and Investors’ Circle, the oldest, largest and most successful early-stage impact investing network. Together with hundreds of angels, venture capitalists, foundations and family offices, Investors’ Circle has propelled $168 million plus $4 billion in follow on investment into 269 enterprises dedicated to improving the environment, education, health and community, and is building out an investment program dedicated to global health ventures as part of SEAD.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SEAD
- Visit the SEAD website
- Read the USAID Press Release
- Read the Duke Press Release
- Watch a video overview of SEAD, presented by Dr. Michael Merson, director of the Duke Global Health Institute and Duke’s Vice President and Vice Provost of Global Strategy and Programs
- Learn about global health innovators currently engaged with the International Partnership for Innovative Healthcare Delivery
- Access CASE research and publications on scaling social impact
- Learn about the Duke Global Health Institute’s (DGHI) efforts to reduce health disparities in our local community and worldwide
- Learn more about entrepreneurs that Investor Circle has supported to gain investment (pdf)
- Learn more about USAID’s Higher Education Solutions Network (login required)