Andy Liu, MD
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
- Assistant Professor in Pathology
In addition to providing clinical care, Dr. Liu has several research interests:
- Investigate a neurodevelopmental disorder, Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, which has the potential to provide insight into the pathophysiological mechanism of a neurodegenerative disorders, Alzheimer’s Disease.
- In collaboration with Dr. Cathrine Hoyo, investigating an epigenetic mechanism to explain the racial disparities in the development of Alzheimer’s disease between underrepresented minorities and European Americans.
- Clinically characterizing the long-term cognitive and behavioral consequences in convalescent COVID-19 patients.
Dr. Liu was awarded the second Ann B. Bussel Research award for his project “Tuberous Sclerosis Complex as a novel Alzheimer’s Disease-Related Tauopathy.”