The Duke University Bouchet Society primarily supports graduate students from underrepresented groups in the pursuit of scholarly excellence in the natural sciences, technology, engineering and math. It seeks to:
(1) provide a forum for scientific presentations and discussions;
(2) enable networking with students, faculty, alumni, and administrators at Duke and neighboring universities as well as across the country;
(3) discuss ways to promote diversity and inclusion in the scientific community;
(4) provide information on resources for career development in education, research, and alternative career fields; and
(5) assist in the recruitment of exceptional graduate students to Duke University.
The Bouchet Society hopes to further strengthen academic and professional efforts of graduate students from underrepresented groups and encourage values that will promote diversity and inclusion in the sciences in honor of its namesake Dr. Edward Alexander Bouchet.