Staff Spotlight: Linda Medlin

By | July 25, 2016

IMG_1005Name: Linda Medlin

Position: Administrative Assistant

Division in CFM: Family Medicine

Time in this position: 28 years

Years at Duke: 33 years

What I do at work: I manage the provider clinic/call schedules. I also provide support to the Administrative Director as well as clerical support for the clinic.

What I love about my job: I love working with the providers and staff at Duke Family Medicine.

My first job: My first job was at Hardee’s as a cashier. I was 16 years old. I came to work at DFM, then Pickens Family Practice in 1982. I worked for five years in Medical Records and the rest of my time here as an Administrative Assistant.

My dream job: My dream job would be to work at Walt Disney World in Orlando. Everyone is so happy!

What I like to do for fun: I enjoy gardening and spending time with family and friends.

Something my co-workers probably don’t know about me: I love to watch old game shows.

Favorite musician, movie, TV show, or book: I enjoy all types of music. My favorite TV show is “America’s Got Talent.”

What Linda’s nominator said about her

She is our scheduling person here, and she gets hit with a ton of schedule changes all day every day and always does it with a smile on her face. She is the true definition of a TEAM player and more of us should take notes from her. 🙂 She has been with our department for a long, long time which is a huge accomplishment in itself (not sure how many years). People move around so much here at Duke for various reasons but to stay in one department that long says a lot about her.

Nominate a colleague or team

Does your Duke Community and Family Medicine colleague deserve to be in the spotlight? Nominate a Duke CFM staffer or team for our ongoing “Staff Spotlight” feature on the blog. E-mail meghan.melton@duke.edu with your nomination and include a brief description of why this person deserves to be recognized.