Allowing readers of your site to comment on specific posts or pages is a hallmark of blogging technologies such as WordPress. With that said, there might be times you don’t want to allow readers to comment on a blog post or page.
To turn off commenting on an individual post or page
1. From within the Dashboard, Edit the Post or Page
2. Scroll down past the content boxes and look for the Discussion options. Uncheck ‘Allow comments‘.
(NOTE: if you don’t see these options, they might be hidden. Look for the ‘Screen Options’ button toward the top of your WordPress screen. Click on it, and you’ll see a set of options drop-down. Make sure ‘Discussion’ is selected).
To turn off commenting by default
If you don’t want anyone to comment on any of your blog posts or pages, you can turn this off by default as well.
1. From your site’s Dashboard, click Settings and Discussion
2. Uncheck all of the options under Default Article Settings
3. Scroll down and click Save Changes.