- Sunday, July 13 – Registration, Welcome Reception, and Evening Plenary Lecture
- Thursday, July 17 – Full Program and Banquet
- Friday, July 18 – Departure
BioMetals 2014 will be held at the R. David Thomas Executive Conference Center (Thomas Center) on the campus of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, USA. We highly recommend reserving a room directly onsite at the Thomas Center. The Center makes an ideal choice for your stay as the conference and dining will be footsteps from your room. Guest rooms feature contemporary styling and a full complement of amenities:
- Rooms at conference site
- A full breakfast in the Thomas Center dining room is included with the price of your room
- 24-hour access to guest lounges with complimentary beverages and snacks
- Each guest room features
- wireless high speed internet
- 32 inch LCD television
- free long distance and international calling
To reserve a room at the Thomas Center for the special BioMetals 2014 conference rate of $139 per night (add $12 per additional person; maximum of 4 people per room):
- International registrants should email firstname.lastname@example.org for the BioMetals2014 rate. Please be sure to include your name, date of arrival, and date of departure in the email.
- Domestic registrants should submit your request via the online form and note BioMetals 2014 in the Reason for Visit field. You will receive an email with your room confirmation within one business day.
- If you prefer, you may also reserve a room via telephone at 919.660.6060 and reference the BioMetals 2014 group.
Be sure to reference the Group Code “BioMetals 2014” for the reduced rate.
If you are sharing a room, please provide all names when you make your reservation.
Additional amenities at the Thomas Center include a fitness center with a variety of state-of-the-art workout equipment, as well as dry sauna, private showers, and lockers. Enjoy on-site outdoor volleyball, half-court basketball, outdoor badminton, and croquet. Duke Athletics, the Wilson Card Gym, and the Duke Aquatic Center are also available to our guests. Guests of the R. David Thomas Center also have access to the Duke University Golf Club, located just across the street (reservations recommended one to two weeks in advance). Ample walking and jogging trails through the adjacent Duke Forest and the Sarah P. Duke Gardens are also available for your enjoyment.
For those interested in staying adjacent to the conference center and Duke University, the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club sits right on the Duke University Golf Course. Built in the style of an English country inn, the Washington Duke is renowned for its lovely setting and gracious southern hospitality. The Washington Duke Inn is within easy walking distance of the R. David Thomas Executive Conference Center where BioMetals 2014 will be held. Guests may call the Washington Duke Inn at 919-490-0999 or 1-800-443-3853 to make reservations by phone. To make online reservations, please follow this link.
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
This hotel is brand new and is close to one of the many restaurant districts in Durham. The Hilton Garden Inn is not within walking distance of the Conference Center, but the price does include a free shuttle to Conference Center. You will need to make shuttle reservations with the Hilton Garden Inn staff daily. To make a room reservation by phone at the Hilton Garden Inn please call 919-286-0774.
If you’re seeking a boutique stay while in Durham, the King’s Daughters Inn will welcome you with luxurious amenities. In-Room Spa services, lavish robes, and turndown service are available, as well as all natural bath amenities, high speed internet, and concierge services. Breakfast is available each morning at the Inn and is included in your stay. To maintain the Inn’s exceptional service to guests, the number of available rooms are limited. Please call the Inn directly at +1.877.534.8534 and reference BioMetals 2014 for a special nightly rate.
Government Rate Hotel Room Information
Please email the conference organizers for information regarding hotels close to the conference site that honor the (US) government room rate.
Child and Elder Care Information
Please email the conference organizers for information regarding family care options close to the conference site.