What are five adjectives that describe how you are feeling about the ASB trip right now?

Excited

This is my third time visiting California, and anyone who knows me can tell you how much I’ve raved about my prior two visits. The combination of the landscape, weather, and something about the atmosphere has an allure I can’t describe. This is my second time in San Diego, but my last trip was 6 years ago and too short for me to remember much. I’m excited just to be here again, but also enthusiastic for the opportunities I’ll have to learn about human trafficking over the next few days.

Also, in one of our pre-departure meetings, I told everyone that I actually really enjoy grocery shopping. Everyone laughed at me, but today we went as a group and they all admitted that they loved it. I also told them that I love cooking and am really excited to cook breakfast tomorrow (which is true), so I started taking orders for omelettes and crepes to hype it up. When they wake up tomorrow and all they have is cold porridge, we’ll see who’s laughing.

Tired

I’ve been trying out this thing lately where I go to bed early and wake up early. I think adults do it sometimes. It’s been working out well but with the daylight savings time change the morning of our 6 am flight combined with the 3 hour difference with Pacific Time, I’ve been awake for almost 24 hours straight now.

Curious

I’ve done a hefty amount of research about human trafficking leading up to this trip, even about its incidence in San Diego specifically, but I can feel that there’s going to be a lot more I’m going to learn about it with each day of this trip. I’m curious to find out exactly what that is.

Apprehensive

I’ve had a couple of mildly troubling incidences so far in the first day, seeing signs about human trafficking on the street and walking into our 4th hostel roommate sleeping like a zombie in the middle of the afternoon. I anticipate that I’ll have my comfort zone challenged at least once or twice during this week. Although I welcome it and hope to learn from it, the anticipation in still a bit unnerving.

Content

We did a lot of activities I really enjoy today (traveling, grocery shopping, candle shopping, eating, reflecting!!!!!, and I just took a break from writing this blog post to exercise, so I’m pretty happy with how today went!

Shaq Junaid Written by:

Be First to Comment