In accepting a tutor position in the America Reads and Counts program, I will to adhere to the standards of excellence expected of me. I agree to all of the following:
- Attending each and every tutoring session I have signed up for during a semester.
- Attending an Orientation at the beginning of each semester.
- Attending each and every Head Tutor Trainings I have signed up for during the semester.
- Completing and submitting robust and thoughtful bi-weekly reflection logs every other Friday at 5 PM. Submitting reflection logs even if I did not tutor in that period.
- Dressing in manner that is professional and appropriate for working with children and youth (See the DPS Student Code of Conduct Rule I.A-3).
- Keeping all personal electronic devices away and will not bring them out until I have left my placement site.
- Demonstrating a positive attitude towards the students and teachers at my placement site.
- Sharing feedback on and questions about my tutee’s academic progress with the supervising teacher.
- Holding in confidence any information disclosed to me about a tutee, verbally or in reports, by school faculty and staff or by program staff.
- Notify the ARAC program, supervising teacher, and site coordinator and transportation coordinator at least one week in advance of a planned absence.
- Notify the ARAC program, supervising teacher, and site coordinator transportation coordinator before the start of a tutoring session in the case of illness or an emergency.
- Maintain regular communication with assigned Head Tutor through monthly meetings and office hours.
- Maintain regular communication with Program Coordinator and Program assistants through email, office hours, and reflection logs.
- Notify Program Staff of any challenges or concerns.
- Respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Completing a Placement Site Time-Sheet, that is signed by my supervising teacher(s) weekly.
- Completing and submitting electronic Duke@Work time cards every other Friday by 5 PM.
- Tracking and distributing my hours to continue working through December 7th, 2018. If I run out of federal funding, I understand that I should not continue to submit a Duke@Work timecard and that I am expected to volunteer my time until the end of the ARAC term.
- By not submitting my timesheet on time or correctly, I understand these hours will be volunteer hours.
Grounds for Dismissal
- Falsification of hours.
- No-show for a scheduled tutoring session.
- Five or more absences per semester.
- One or more missed payroll deadline a semester.
- Two or more missed reflections a semester.
- Violation of any other ARAC policies.