Site Coordinators play a crucial role in the coordination of the ARAC program
We expect the following:
Support Site Teachers:
• Serve as primary ARAC point of contact for teachers in the school.
• Communicate program requirements and guidelines to teachers.
• Email teachers the link to complete the Tutor Request Form (August/Jan), Tutor Evaluation and Teacher Survey (Dec/April).
• Communicate tutoring schedule to teachers at the beginning of each semester.
• Ensure that teachers and tutors have a communication system (provide tutor contact info to teacher and vice versa).
• Remind teachers of tutor start and end dates, and all Duke holidays.
• If necessary, help recruit teachers to the program and help them identify students to be tutored.
Support ARAC Tutors:
• Help tutors find additional tutoring hours / placements or help them modify their schedule if necessary.
• Serve as point of contact for the tutors in the school.
• Arrange adequate places for tutors to work with students.
Communicate with ARAC program coordinator:
• Inform program coordinator of school testing dates and upcoming school field trips.
• Meet with the program coordinator to discuss issues and upcoming dates when requested.
• Inform program coordinator If you are unable to complete the ARAC site coordinator responsibilities for any reason.
• Keep tutor sign-in/sign-out book located in school’s main office up-to-date.
• Keep file of necessary paperwork / tutoring info.
Site Coordinators will receive a modest stipend of $150 at the end of the Academic year for supporting the program.
The following forms must be completed and submitted electronically to the Program Coordinator by March 31st, 2017 to receive your stipend.
[Forms will be added soon: W-9, IC Form: ARAC Contract Form]