Site Coordinators play a crucial role in the coordination of the ARAC program.
Support Site Teachers:
- Serve as primary ARAC point of contact for teachers in the school.
- Communicate program requirements and guidelines to teachers.
- Email teachers the link to complete the Tutor Request Form (August/Jan), Tutor Evaluation and Teacher Survey (Dec/April).
- Communicate tutoring schedule to teachers at the beginning of each semester.
- Ensure that teachers and tutors have a communication system (provide tutor contact info to teacher and vice versa).
- Remind teachers of tutor start and end dates, and all Duke holidays.
- If necessary, help recruit teachers to the program and help them identify students to be tutored.
Support ARAC Tutors:
- Help tutors find additional tutoring hours / placements or help them modify their schedule if necessary.
- Serve as point of contact for the tutors in the school.
- Arrange adequate places for tutors to work with students.
Communicate with ARAC program coordinator:
- Inform program coordinator of school testing dates and upcoming school field trips.
- Meet with the program coordinator to discuss issues and upcoming dates when requested.
- Inform program coordinator If you are unable to complete the ARAC site coordinator responsibilities for any reason.