About Me

I am currently a Masters student at Duke University specializing in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I work with Prof. Roarke Horstmeyer in the Duke Computational Optics Lab. Currently, I am working on detecting malaria from multiple overlapped sample images.

I come from Karanja Lad, a small town in the Vidharbha region of Maharashtra. I attended College of Engineering, Pune where I did my bachelors in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.

I have a very broad range of topics that I find interesting, but the areas which are my favourites are computer vision and machine learning. I have some experience in the field of medical devices, and I am always looking for new developments there.

More than anything else though, it’s the pleasure of figuring things out which drives me the most. I am always willing to test unknown waters and stretch myself to learn about things which are completely new to me.

I do some photography, although I would like to do it more. I also spend time cooking or reading about history, general science, or some good fiction.