Goals and Activities:
- Facilitate recruitment and retention of diverse participants into research supported by the Duke/UNC ADRC.
- Provide education and outreach to the local community regarding diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of dementia.
- Promote public awareness of brain health and the importance of community advocacy for ADRD research.
For Patients and Caregivers –
- NC Registry for Brain Health
- Duke Dementia Family Support Program
- Alzheimer’s Association of NC
- Dementia Alliance of NC (DANC)
For Professionals –
- UNC Carolina Dementia Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Duke and UNC-CH Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs)
- Area Health Education Centers (AHECs)
- Carolina Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program (CGWEP)
Professor of Neurology, UNC
Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University
- Rachel Dewees, MSW
- Henry Edmonds, MEd